For a day out to remember, why not bring all the family to visit our small animal farm which is free to all visitors.
We have a wonderful collection of small animals, including goats, sheep, miniature donkeys, miniature cows, pot-bellied pigs, alpacas, shetland ponies and chickens.
Come and meet these delightful animals yourselves.
Our animal farm is fully accredited by the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC). DHEC regulations prohibit feeding the animals with any food not provided for by the farm. For this reason, we ask that you do not bring your own food to feed the animals. If you have food for the horses (carrots or apples), you may feed the ponies or the Clydesdale (Harley) in the front paddock, or the trail horses in the paddock adjacent to the animal farm. For those who wish to feed the animals, a handful of food can be purchased for 50 cents (please bring your own containers or take a paper towel from the restroom).
We ask that you do not feed the working ponies (the ponies in the stalls or giving pony rides).
- Lawton Stables is a non-smoking facility.
- Please supervise young children and leave your dogs at home.
- The animal farm is open to the public every day from 8am to 5pm.
- The Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) has asked that you do not feed the animals except with approved foods provided by the Stables.
- Please check in at the office if you are interested in feeding the animals (feed for the animals is located on the front porch at 50 cents per handful)
- Please note that we are located within Sea Pines Plantation; there is a daily rate of $6.00 per car to enter the Plantation (to be paid at the entry gate to Sea Pines). Sea Pines does not allow motorbikes, RVs or bicycles into the Plantation.